1000 W. Carson Street, Torrance, CA 90509
- The Harbor-UCLA Medical Center is located in Torrance, California, in the South Bay region of Los Angeles County.
- The hospital sits just west of the 110 Freeway [Harbor Freeway] on Carson Street. It is 10 miles southeast of the Los Angeles International Airport [LAX] and approximately 15 miles south of downtown Los Angeles (as the crow flies).
- Neighboring cities include Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach, Palos Verdes, Gardena, Carson, Lomita, and Harbor City.
Visit LAX Los Angeles World Airports for airport information.
Transportation & Accommodations:
Several taxi companies have fixed rates from LAX to the Torrance area. In general, they cost approximately $40 (plus tip). Shuttle services are also available and should be arranged in advance. Further details and accommodation information are at the Visitors from Outside L.A. page. Please ask for the “medical rate” at hotels/motels.
Directions from the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) to Harbor-UCLA:
- Follow the signs leading to Sepulveda Blvd (South), which will lead you through a small tunnel.
- Take I-105 East (the onramp will appear just as you exit the tunnel).
- Take I-405 South [San Diego Freeway].
- Take I-110 South [Harbor Freeway].
- Exit on Carson St, making a right turn (Carson St is the 2nd exit one you are on the I-110).
- The hospital will be visible on your left 1/3rd of a mile down the street.
- Approximate travel time is 20-25 minutes, unless you encounter “typical” L.A. rush hour traffic.